Stressed due to office or household work? A good massage can relax your thoughts as well as your spine! We all know the enormous benefits of opting for massages – massages promote deep relaxation, restoration, and much more. The list extends when you specifically opt for an Ayurvedic massage. Established 3000 years ago, ayurvedic massages are a staple of the Indian medicinal system.
However, today, this holistic treatment procedure is embraced by the entire world. So, if you are looking to take up an ayurvedic massage in Sydney but are unaware of the different types of massages and their benefits, you have come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll cover what exactly an ayurvedic massage is, popular ayurvedic massages, and the benefits of taking up such massage therapies.
Ayurvedic Massage: Overview
Perhaps you must have come across or used Ayurveda products in Sydney, but are you aware of what exactly is an ayurvedic massage? If not, read to know about this ancient practice of the Indian medicinal system. In simple terms, an ayurvedic massage is a practice of oil massage using herbal medicated oils. However, it’s unique in its own way and stands the best among other massage therapies. Its natural roots and effective massage techniques make it different from Thai or Swedish massages.
Ayurvedic massages mainly focus on the skin and not on the muscles which enable a person to feel relaxed and energized throughout the day. The primary goal of ayurvedic massages is to balance the three bodily constituents or doshas, namely Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. The techniques used in this medicated oil massage therapy help in flushing out toxins from the body.
Now that you have a brief idea of ayurvedic massages, let’s find out some of the most popular ones that people in Sydney usually opt for.
Types of Ayurvedic Massages
- Abhyanga: This refers to a full body massage that is done using hot medicated herbal oils to balance out the imbalanced bodily constituent in the patient’s body. This massage therapy is highly effective in eliminating deep-rooted toxins from the patient’s body, leading to improved blood circulation and stamina.
- Shirodhara: This is an excellent oil massage therapy to get rid of the entire day’s stress. It is a type of head massage in which a flowing stream of herbal or medicine-infused oil is poured on the patient’s scalp. This activates the nerves in the head, relieving headaches and mental fatigue.
- Pizhichil: This is a popular ayurvedic massage in Sydney where warm medicated oil is poured in a special kind of vessel named ‘Kindi’. This vessel is then held upright a few inches above the patient’s body. The medicated oil used for Pizhichil ayurvedic massage depends on the patient’s health condition as per the medical records. This massage is generally given to patients undergoing Vata imbalance. The heat produced during this ayurvedic massage causes perspiration which works best for stabilizing Vata dosha.
- Udvartana: This ayurvedic massage is not an oil massage; it’s rather a powder massage in which herbal and medicated powders are used to treat Kapha dosha in the patient’s body. The dry herbal powders used in this massage therapy actually dry up the heavy and moist Kapha, leading to the elimination of toxins and excess Kapha from the body.
In the next section of this blog, we have covered some of the top benefits of taking up an ayurvedic massage in Sydney.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Massages
Ayurvedic massages aim to maintain a healthy balance between mind, body, and soul which helps in increasing a person’s physical as well as mental well-being. From promoting long life to treating migraine, ayurvedic massages have a lot to offer to mankind. Now, without any ado, let’s take a look at the magical benefits of opting for ayurvedic massages.
- Relieves Stress and Fatigue: Ayurvedic massages are an amazing stimulator of blood circulation. Improved blood circulation helps to eliminate toxins and metabolic wastes from the body easily and quickly. As a result, bodily organs receive enriched nourishment. This increases stamina in the body, relieves body aches, and keeps the body energized for the entire day.
- Improves Immunity: Ayurvedic massages deliver proven results when it comes to detoxifying the body. This holistic treatment procedure involves the usage of several effective techniques like kneading, pinching, or rubbing the skin. The application of medicated oils along with these techniques stimulates the body to produce antibodies. This detoxifies the body and helps it to produce fresh blood cells.
- Promotes Sound Sleep: The warmth and aroma of herbal oils used in ayurvedic massages provide good and relaxed sensations to the person taking up the massage. The massage on specific pressure points helps in lowering blood pressure and heart rates in the patient’s body, promoting deep relaxation. Taking up ayurvedic massages on regular basis can cure insomnia or other sleeping disorders.
The most important reason for taking up an ayurvedic massage in Sydney is that it will allow you to experience a good “me” time. It can help you get rid of your work or household stress, increase your emotional & mental, well-being, and let you enjoy deep relaxation. Ayurvedic massages are great healing practices that everyone should include in their self-care routine.